6 Most Exciting Things About Living in Orient Heights, East Boston
Nestled in a northern section of East Boston, Orient Heights is a charming and historic neighborhood with plenty of colors, life, as well as a fantastic access to Boston Harbor. Wrapping around the Belle Isle Inlet in East Boston, Orient Heights is simultaneously a gateway to the urban city and a quieter, more laid-back neighborhood experience.
Come check out the brand-new condos now for sale at The Pacer and enjoy all Orient Heights has to offer!
6 Most Exciting Things About Living in Orient Heights
There's plenty to see and do in this exciting Boston neighborhood.
1. Gateway to Local History
Orient Heights is part of historic East Boston. This is reflected in its appearance. Historic architecture lines narrow streets. Lending residents the feeling that they are stepping into history every time they step out of their front doors. Colonial and Victorian-era homes nestle snugly side-by-side, a delight for lovers of unique neighborhoods and history buffs alike.
In addition to the attractive historic homes, Orient Heights also boasts multiple spots that appear on the National Register of Historic Places:
- Baker Congregational Church - Now known as Grace Church Federated. This historic meeting house is a treat for the eyes as well as a natural draw for history buffs.
- Bennington Street Burying Ground - Lovers of history and culture will appreciate a walk through this 19th-century cemetery. Perusing headstones and searching for familiar names.
- Temple Ohabei Shalom Cemetery - This traditional Jewish cemetery was founded in the 1800s. And was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
When living in Orient Heights, you'll have ample opportunity to relish Boston's long and eventful history. New condos opening at The Pacer make that opportunity more achievable than ever.
2. PLENTIFUL Outdoor Opportunities
Getting outside for some fresh air is a major priority, especially if you want to stay healthy year-round. Fortunately, Orient Heights offers a mix of outdoor opportunities that will appeal to residents no matter the season.
Some specific spots include the following:
- Constitution Beach - a sandy waterfront beach open daily from dawn to dusk (photo below)
- Noyes Playground - includes 8.31 acres worth of playing fields as well as walking paths
- Belle Isle Marsh - Boston's last remaining salt marsh offers scenic hiking opportunities as well as stellar views from the observation tower
Winter does admittedly make enjoying the outdoors a bit more of a challenge. The open spaces and walkable streets help give residents added incentive to get outdoors as well as enjoy some fresh air when they can.
A brisk walk from your new luxury condo at The Pacer to a nearby corner store will allow you at least to get a bit of vitamin D when the sun is out.
3. INCREDIBLE INVESTMENT VALUE
Enjoying relatively minimal turnover and high demand, Orient Heights offers unbeatable investment value in historic East Boston. And no wonder. Walkable, attractive coastal neighborhoods with pleasing aesthetics and high levels of diversity don't grow on trees. Sadly, they're few and far between. And finding an open as well as an affordable spot like Orient Heights in Boston isn't always easy.
Fortunately, new development has led to opportunities for high end housing options at value prices like The Pacer condominiums. If you've been looking for a cozy spot in East Boston, The Pacer just might be the right choice for you.
4. Good Eats
If you love to eat, you're in luck. In fact, Orient Heights has some of the best restaurants in East Boston. And many of them are an easy distance from The Pacer. No matter what you're in the mood for, this little slice of the city has something for you.
A few local favorites include:
- Angela's Cafe - Angela's Cafe in Orient Heights is a highly rated, vegetarian-friendly Mexican-Spanish fusion restaurant. Known for its warm atmosphere and generous portions, Angela's Cafe is a genuine treat.
- Belle Isle Seafood - This classic seafood restaurant right near the inlet serves all your favorites. Salmon, jumbo shrimp, swordfish, as well as lobster rolls. When the weather's right, you can't beat the outdoor seating.
- Luna's Italian and Latin Cuisine - Hit Luna's morning coffee bar and enjoy a leisurely brunch of steak and eggs. Or shut down the night with a plate of cornucopia di mare. You won't want to miss a trip to this local favorite.
These three options are just a preview of the variety of dining choices on offer in the historic Orient Heights neighborhood. The best way to find your next new favorite is simply to come to walk the streets. See what catches your eye and start sampling the menu.
We promise it won't disappoint.
5. DRAMATIC RevitalizATION
Though Orient Heights does have a strong connection to history, the area doesn't feel old or worn. In fact, it is currently being revitalized with a strong open realm and public space framework, and is steps away from what will soon be the largest development project in the history of the City of Boston at the site of the old Suffolk Downs Horse Racing Track.
The redevelopment will create a new neighborhood with an active, lively and appropriate mix of uses. Including destination retail, residential, office, lab, hotel, and other uses. Connected and supported by new publicly-accessible open space, neighborhood retail, and civic spaces.
With an emphasis on walkability as well as transit-oriented development, Orient Heights is becoming increasingly friendly for those who do not wish to rely on single-person vehicle transportation for all their comings and goings.
If this sounds like the sort of place that you would like to call home, this is a good time to check out openings in the neighborhood. Including the newest options at The Pacer.
We've already mentioned the area's interconnectivity and walkability. Fortunately, Orient Heights also has connections to the MBTA's Blue Line as well as several MBTA busses. Wherever you're headed, you won't have trouble staying connected.
Check Out The Pacer Condos
Come check out the new East Boston luxury condos at The Pacer. Conveniently located on Walley Street, mere steps from the Suffolk Downs T stop. At The Pacer, you'll be right in the heart of the action in Orient Heights, ready to connect with all the area has to offer.
To hear more about The Pacer condominiums, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!