Our First High-Rise Property Management Assignment
With 145 units across 18 stories (plus 3 underground garage levels), BostonView is located in one of Boston’s most premier neighborhoods, overlooking the Massachusetts State House.
We were hired as property manager in 2016, and it became a springboard for our on-going property management expansion. It became a springboard for us and it helped inform much of our management strategy to this day.
We have remained dead-focused on the needs of our client and the resident community to drive positive impact for both — which in turn led to more incredible opportunities for us.
Built in the 1960s and owned by a non-profit organization (a church, who occupies the retail street levels for church services and community events), there were a few moving parts with the ownership structure and building condition when we came onboard. We adapted quickly to serving this board-led property, and it has become a fantastic match for our people-first way of business.
We helped stabilize the asset after a tumultuous period at the property. We’ve worked together with the board to lead a series of value-add improvements over time that have continued to strengthen the property and the community.
Value-Add Improvements in Multifamily Housing
Here’s a look at a few of the improvements we’ve been able to make at BostonView.
- Renovated an underutilized management office to build a brand new fitness center and resident lounge to modernize the amenity offerings
- Replaced the roof and roof deck, including adding outdoor entertaining to create a much more functional space and showcase what are possibly Boston’s most incredible roof deck views
- Utilized our adaptive accelerated leasing model to drive higher rents and lower vacancy (at a lower cost) with our team of professional salespeople, on-demand
- Created a systematic roadmap and executed efficient unit renovations to modernize the apartments
- Conducted resident events to strengthen community and neighborhood connections
- Managed a series of necessary capital improvements, including upgrading heating system in all units and facade
It’s been an incredible partnership and I could not be more proud of our management team on-site who has led the charge at the property.
And it’s been an incredible learning experience that we continue to learn, grow, and adapt from every day.
Did this blog pique your interest? Want to learn more about our property management services and the ways in which we can add value to your real estate investments?
Here's 3 ways to do it:
- Read our blog for more information.
- Contact us and book a meeting to chat
- Follow me on LinkedIn for my latest insights (don't be afraid to send a DM!)
P.s. We're launching a TikTok soon! Follow us on TikTok at @charlesgaterealty